Standard Certificate Layout 7
Shown above is the standard for layout 7. This certificate will be tailored to your specific needs. As is customary with Japanese, the certificate begins on the right with the lines written vertically. The certificate is then read from right to left.
- Serial number - Daigo 第号. This is the location of the registration number. The kanji are commonly spaced so that you're able to write or type the numbers.
- Award Text. This can be tailored to your specifications to be worded any way you want. On the custom template there will be a blank space for Recipient's Name, Rank and Date. This can be done in English or in Spanish.
- Signature Line. This typically will include the instructor's name and issuing authority and or school name printed bellow the line. More than one line can be added and they can be left blank as well.
- Certificate - Sho 証. It can also say Ninteisho 認定証 or Sho 證. Both mean Certificate. Another common kanji used in this section is Menjou 免状, meaning Diploma.
- Award Text. Typically this follows a pattern of "The person on the right is hereby certified with this dan rank in (NAME OF STYLE/MARTIAL ART). Please specify weather this will be a dan rank or kyu rank certificate so we can adjust the writing accordingly.
- Date. Dates may be entered in English numbers. Here the date is shown completely in kanji. On the custom template, this area is left blank for the instructor or issuing authority to fill out. It goes as follows: Year 年 Month 月 Day 日.
- Issuing Authority. Depending on the situation this may show only the school name or a second line may be used to show the parent organizations.
- Instructor (s). Typically one or more instructors and their title are placed in this final area on the left.